Prep time: 1 hour
Cook time: 20 minutes
Rosa's Thai Cafe
Authentic Thai cuisine
chicken, grills & marinades, small bites
Difficulty: Pretty Easy
Thai fish sauce can lift the flavour of just about any ingredient and it’s absolutely delicious as a marinade for chicken wings. This recipe makes a great snack to serve with drinks. Pile the wings high and watch them disappear. Everybody loves these.
12 chicken wings
8 tablespoons nam pla (Thai fish sauce)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
Vegetable oil, for deep-frying
4 pandan leaves, chopped
Fried onions, to garnish
Sweet chilli sauce (see separate recipe), to serve
- Mix the chicken wings with the fish sauce and the ground cumin, then leave the mixture in the refrigerator to marinate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat the oil in a deep-fat fryer or a wok over a medium heat.
- When hot, add the pandan leaves and marinated chicken wings.
- Deep-fry until the wings are golden brown and cooked through and the pandan leaves are crisp.
- Drain on kitchen paper, scatter over the fried onions and serve immediately with the dipping sauce.
Share This Recipe
© Copyright 2020 Rosa's Thai Cafe
Web design by Union 10 Design