Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
Rosa's Thai Cafe
Authentic Thai cuisine
Difficulty: Super Easy
Thanks for purchasing our Rosa’s @ Home meal kits! (If you haven’t done it already, you can head over here to get your hands on our delicious kits).
Here’s a little video with our co-founder, chef Saiphin, to help you put that meal together. We hope you enjoy cooking it as much as we did!
The kit includes:
- rosa’s green curry paste
- steamed chicken or tofu
- coconut milk
- jasmine rice
- green & red chillies
- kaffir lime leaves
- thai basil
- bamboo shoots
Not included are other vegetables. You can add anything from green beans, baby corn, courgette, broccoli, to cauliflower.
- Cook the rice: Before you make the curry, we recommend cooking the jasmine rice first as it will need time to simmer. If you don’t have a rice cooker, simply follow chef Saiphin’s instructions on how to cook jasmine rice in a saucepan here: www.rosasthaicafe.com/thai-tips/how-to-cook-rice
- Prepare your vegetable by cutting aubergines (and any other veg) into bite-size chunks, about 1-inch pieces; slice the chillies diagonally. Set aside.
- In the saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of cooking oil over medium-high heat and add the curry paste. Stir-fry for 10 seconds until they are mixed well. Be careful of spitting!
- Reduce the heat to medium and add half the coconut milk and kaffir lime leaves, and mix well. Keep stirring gently and cook for another 2 minutes until you see the green oil rises to the surface
- Add the remaining coconut milk, aubergines, bamboo shoots, steamed chicken or tofu, and any other veg of your choice
- Add 1 cup of water to the curry to thin out the sauce slightly and simmer over medium heat for 6-8 minutes until all ingredients are cooked through
- Add the chillies and stir in the Thai basil leaves just before you serve
- Ladle into serving bowls, garnish with a few basil leaves and serve with steamed rice
leftover tips by chef saiphin:
- Store leftover green curry and jasmine rice in air-tight containers. They can be kept for up to 2 days.
- Why not turn your leftovers into a Green Curry Fried Rice? Simply add them together over a hot wok with a tablespoon of cooking oil. Cook for a few minutes until the rice takes up a nice green colour. Serve immediately.
Share This Recipe