Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Rosa's Thai Cafe
Authentic Thai cuisine
Salad, dairy-free, vegetarian, vegan
Difficulty: Super Easy
Our mushroom Larb is a vegetarian take on the traditional Larb salad, usually made with minced pork or chicken. This incredibly simple – and super tasty – salad really packs a punch. It’s got salty, zingy and spicy kicks to the palate, as well as a satisfying crunchiness, thanks to the toasted rice.
- 120g Mixed mushrooms, halved or quartered (depending on the size)
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons roasted rice
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 red shallots, chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped spring onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander
- 3 mint sprigs, leaves roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon fried shallots
Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. Carefully drop the mushrooms and boil for about 2 minutes, until cooked through.
Drain the mushrooms and put them in a large bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and toss vigorously until everything is well mixed. Serve immediately.
Share This Recipe
© Copyright 2021 Rosa's Thai Cafe
Web design by Union 10 Design