Serves: Makes 300 ml (1/2 pint)
Prep time: 15 minutes
Rosa's Thai Cafe
Authentic Thai cuisine
sauces, basics, barbecue
Difficulty: Pretty Easy
Chef Saiphin perfected this roasted chilli oil when living in Hong Kong; her Cantonese friends love to add this chilli oil to EVERY dish. Enjoy with anything from a Massaman curry to Tom Yum soup, just add a teaspoon of this oil and your mouth will be on fire! You can taste it across all of Rosa’s branches, we always have it in the condiment chain on the tables.
- 5 tablespoons chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons chopped red onion (optional)
- 2 teaspoons dried shrimp (optional)
- Fry the garlic in cooking oil for 30 seconds on medium heat until golden brown.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for about 5-8 minutes until thickened.
- Set aside to cool to room temperature before serving.
- Store the sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator and use within 4 weeks.
Share This Recipe