Cook time: 15 minutes
Rosa's Thai Cafe
Authentic Thai cuisine
seafood, stir fries
Difficulty: Super Easy
This classic Thai dish is found in all seafood restaurants (seaside and street stalls alike). I always love making this dish because it only takes 10 minutes to put it together and makes a great dinner party food. A typical recipe uses either prawns or crab, but I like to make it with mixed seafood.
Tools: Wok, Seafood Cracker
Seafood stir fry
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 whole crab or 1kg of seafood (tiger prawns, crab meat, squid, and/or mussels with shells)
- 1/2 white onion, sliced into large pieces
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 4 eggs (one per person)
- Handful of Chinese celery leaves (or normal celery)
- 1-3 red and green spur or Turkish chillies (depending on how spicy you like it)
- 2 cloves of garlic, do need to peel
Curry powder sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce (leave out if not available)
- 1 tablespoon white soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons roasted chilli paste
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white or brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon grounded black pepper
- 1/2 cup evaporated, unsweetened milk (or full-fat milk)
- 2 tablespoons chicken or fish stock
- On high heat, add cooking oil to the wok. While waiting for oil to heat up, smash whole garlic and chillies together. Throw them into hot oil and cook until garlic is golden brown.
- Add all seafood and cook partially.
- Add roasted chilli paste, oyster sauce, white soy sauce and Sriracha sauce to the seafood and mix well.
- Dissolve the curry powder, sugar, black pepper in the fish sauce, milk and chicken stock in a separate container before pouring over the seafood.
- Keep stirring until the mixture thickens slightly before adding onion, spring onion and celery.
- Lower to medium heat. Add eggs at the last step. Stir gently until the eggs are broken up. The eggs should be cooked until soft, like a nice & fluffy scrambled eggs.
- Take off heat and serve immediately.
Share This Recipe