Cook time: 30 minutes
Rosa's Thai Cafe
Authentic Thai cuisine
Difficulty: Super Easy
I came across some smoked duck at a local market in Hong Kong, and the beautifully pink meat made me want to make a crunchy mixed-leaf salad to go with it. The saltiness of the duck didn’t work with any of the sweet dressings I tried, so I kept playing around and finally concocted this punchy sour sauce, similar to those usually used for Thai seafood. It worked!
200g (7oz) smoked duck breast
150g (5oz) mixed salad leaves
1 sprig of coriander, leaves chopped
1 spring onion, chopped
3 cherry tomatoes, halved
For the dressing:
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 tablespoon nam pla (Thai fish sauce)
1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon crushed dried red chilli
- To make the dressing, mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Set aside.
- Preheat a grill or griddle pan until very hot, then cook the duck breast for 3–5 minutes on each side until cooked.
- Cut the duck breast into slices and set aside.
- Toss together the salad leaves, coriander, spring onion and cherry tomatoes, then sit the duck breast slices on top.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and serve immediately.
Share This Recipe
© Copyright 2021 Rosa's Thai Cafe
Web design by Union 10 Design