Cook time: 20 minutes
Rosa's Thai Cafe
Authentic Thai cuisine
stir fries, rice & noodles, vegetarian
Difficulty: Super Easy
This Chinese-Thai noodle stir-fry is a popular dish during Tesakan Kin Jay, a vegetarian festival celebrated across Thailand during the ninth lunar month of the year (typically September/October). It’s an easy recipe to make and mushroom-garlic flavour combo is delicious.
- 100g (4oz) dried perfume (huong) mushrooms (available from Asian supermarkets)
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 400g (14oz) fresh egg noodles
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 40g (1.5oz) bean sprouts
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- Pinch of white pepper
- Soak the mushrooms in a little hot water for a few minutes until soft.
- Drain and slice the mushrooms, then set aside.
- Place a wok over a medium heat. Add the oil and, when hot, add the egg, stirring constantly.
- Add the garlic and stir-fry until it is golden brown.
- Add the noodles and mix well.
- After a few seconds, add the sugar, light soy sauce, oyster sauce and mushrooms and stir-fry until everything is well combined.
- Finally, add the bean sprouts and spring onions and season with the dark soy sauce.
- Tip the noodles onto 2 serving plates and sprinkle with the white pepper. Serve immediately.
Share This Recipe
© Copyright 2020 Rosa's Thai Cafe
Web design by Union 10 Design